“Accept your parent’s mistakes and forgive your children’s mistakes.”
– Dr. Prerna Kohli
The relationships between the parents and their children should be mutual, void from anger, violence and discrimination.
Benefits of positive PARENTS CHILD RELATIONSHIPS
- Helps children develop positive long term relationships
- Helps children better understand their feelings
- Reduce power struggle and misbehavior by children
Symptoms of poor PARENTS CHILD RELATIONSHIPS
- Breakdown of communication
- Anger, hostility, aggression shown by children
- Substance abuse- drugs, alcohol etc
Parent- Child relationships can be developed and improved with the help of counseling. If you or anyone you know is addressing the complex issues of Parent-Child Relationship, please contact an experienced Psychologist at the earliest possible.